Hey everybody. Here's what's goin' on in the actual real real world, over here:Launch Sale Extended
Tell your friends!! I extended the sale because I'm hoping for some coverage on big websites this week, and the launch sale over the weekend was awesome. Thank you guys for taking a chance on a game like this, I'm so glad you are all enjoying it. I literally haven't had a single person say they aren't enjoying the game, which makes me crazy happy.
The price WILL go back up to $14.95, but not before this weekend, at the earliest.
In case you are wondering, I will be refunding the difference to those who paid full price in between ending and starting it up again.If your savegame is broken, send it to me
Don't restart out of frustration. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Doing this not only lets me keep you playing, but it helps me to see where the bugs are, specifically.
Depending on your OS, it will be in one of these locations:
Windows: C:\Users\Calvin\AppData\Local\The Real Texas\2002\
Mac OSX: ~/Library/Preferences/The Real Texas/2002/
Linuxes : ~/.therealtexas/2002/Update is Out!
The game has bugs! There's an update 1.1; you should have received an email*. You don't have to delete your savegame or start over, or anything like that.
It should fix these things:
- No more getting stuck in walls**
- No more control freezing in battle
- No more control sometimes locking up after you return to title screen
- No more confusing the autosaver when you use a certain machine more than once (which is a very reasonable thing to do) and causing you to lose progress
- Many small map issues fixed
- Many other little bugs fixed
* There's a definite issue with the 1.1 Mac version but it will be up later today. Mac users please stick with 1.0 for now.
** There was one more small map issue reported late last night, it's avoidable though and not very common for people to encounter. See below!Known Issues
Now to the fun part! These issues are outstanding, and apply even to version 1.1. As always, non-spoilery explanations so you can safely read it to see if it applies.
- If you open a certain large white object and there is nothing inside, contact me so I can fix your save file. Don't know what's causing this yet.
- There is a kitchen where some event will only trigger at night, even though this makes no sense. This is a bug, not a badly-designed puzzle.
- REMOVED (Note: there was a bug listed here which I have decided is not a bug, just a minor sequence break. It shouldn't really be problematic in any way.)
- If you went to a special area, got something green, and couldn't get back, please quit to the desktop and reload the game. You will be in the special area but should be able to get back to where you were. This may be fixed with 1.1, I'm not 100% sure.
- There is an area with a little house and a little bridge that you can get to. There's a man living in the little house. South of his house is a dock, that you can walk out on. Stick to the left side of this dock when going between screens.
- If you finish the game, it's better to quit to the desktop than journey onward. Nothing particularly bad will happen, though, so maybe do it to be amused by my broken code. Because it will be fixed soon. =)
- If you find a certain item being guarded by bandits, on an altar be careful where you use it. It's usually OK, except in two places: do not wear it on the final boss battle and do not wear it in a certain secret room that has been condemend and contains a completely new type of blue enemy which is up above you. Note this won't break your savegame or anything but it does cause you to need to exit to desktop and reload, as you will lose control of your character. Major downer if that happens on the final boss, so for now, steer clear. It will be fixed with the next update.
There are still quite a few minor issues; for instance pertaining to item duplication. Or, NPCs. I'm aware they sometimes warp instantly around their houses, and other times that they lie down upon their backs, scoot deleriously across the floor, and crawl into bed, sleeping. Let me just say I felt a lot better about this when I saw practically the same thing happen in Skyrim.Thanks everybody! Update SOON! SEND YOUR SAVES if they are broken.