I've updated the game to 1.2. I am not going to send an email out until Monday or Tuesday to existing customers. Unfortunately, the Mac 1.2 version isn't ready yet, but will be Monday.
Please nobody post the URL or instructions on updating the game here. If you want to download the update before Monday and don't know where or how to get it, please just email me, firstname.lastname@example.org
. On Monday or Tuesday you will get an email, anyhow.
This update has been tested like crazy, but it's still very scary for me to put it out, as I did some rather significant fixing to it. So let me know if you download it and it works.
If you're partway through the game, or hunting for those last secrets, do give it a shot!Known Issues
1. This item previously stated there were two known crash issues. Both are still present but have been solved. One was related to compatibility with early ATi laptop drivers and can be fixed with updated drivers (however, updating the drivers can be tricky; if this is you please contact email@example.com
) The other is related to an item; if the game is crashing for you in farmers fields, please remove what you are wearing on your neck.
2. The issue where you can purchase something and intead of receiving a certain amount, you receive far more than you purchased is still present. Sorry! Enjoy your extra of item. =)
3. There is an issue where if you re-fill a container that has once already been filled, the game will crash. Once again, sorry! There are many other containers like this, so just use one of them instead.
4. If you are buying an expensive statue, please make sure you have a free inventory slot. This isn't game-breaking but the shopkeeper will gladly take your money even if you can't carry the item. This is a bug.
5. It is still possible in at least one place to get stuck in a wall. This should be very unlikely but if it happens don't hesitate to contact me with your savegame, I'm more than happy to fix it as it helps me get rid of these bugs for good.
6. There is an issue causing audio to not work on certain versions of linux. Still working on this but I expect to be able to fix it.
7. Mac OS X Version Requirement Changed The original download site said the game would run on Mac OS X 10.4 or later; apparently this isn't the case, as-is it requires 10.6. Fortunately this should be easy to fix, in the meantime I have changed the requirements to 10.6 or later. If you bought the game and have 10.4 or 10.5 please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. One particular map in the game will cause intel integrated graphics computers to crash. Will be fixed in 1.3, if you encounter this crash please email me email@example.com
and I'll send you a screenshot of the map so you can proceed. The area in question is difficult with out this map.What's fixed:
1. Many, many bugs. Far too many to list. This has been a very busy week for me. Assuming 1.2 actually works at all (ha!) and provided it doesn't have any fatal flaws it should be really quite a lot better than 1.1. If you're still playing, please do grab it! Fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc.
2. Some early game enemies have been tweaked to give better feedback, be more consistent, and/or be a little bit less punishing. In no way is this as simple as "nerfing" them, though!
3. A major boss battle has been tweaked.
3. Item dupe has been fixed-- I hope. This was much simpler than I at first thought. It's still possible to dupe items a certain way if you work very hard. I'll probably leave this as an exploit, I'm not telling you how to do it.
4. Several obscure (or not so) game-breaking issues have been fixed.
5. NPCs no longer sleep-levitate into their beds. The next update will have a flag to re-enable this bug because it was desperately amusing.
6. Sequence breaks have been cleared up, or else solidified. There was one really interesting sequence break, that instead of fixing I just kind of made it obvious to anyone who accidentally does it that they should go do something else first.
7. Item price adjusted.
8. A small addition.Enjoy, and Thank You!
You guys have been great, reporting bugs like total champs and sending in your savegames. Literally nobody has been anything but supportive and appreciative. It's given me a wondrous boost to work on polishing the heck out of the game this week-- and wouldn't have been possible without your enthusiasm for the game!If you think your save game is broken, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm taking the day off from development tomorrow (Sunday) and will be out of the house most of the day. But I'll be back in the evening and will fix any broken savegames then!