Post subject: Update 1.3 is Out!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 pm 

Hey Everybody!

Update 1.3 is out. I've started to send emails, however if you see this forum post and haven't gotten your email, please just drop me a line at support@kittylambda.com. Because of the way my email sender works, I can only send so many at a time so not everybody will have gotten theirs yet.

So... what's new?

New Subquest

This is a bugfix release, so, although lots of improvements have been made I didn't have the ability to really add any new content (yet!) There is a new subquest, however, which I will detail in another forum post in case you want to avoid spoilers.

Nothing huge, but it has a nifty rewards.

Control Fixes

The biggest changes are to the control scheme. When you start the game, choose "tweaks" and you can select some options:

* "Disable Mouse Movement" - choose this if you always move using the keyboard and want to avoid misclicks.
    * "Hold Key to Draw" - This will make it so that your gun is drawn when you hold the spacebar (or RMB) and put away automatically when you release it. This actually makes the game quite a bit easier, so if you were having trouble with combat before, try this option!
    * "Quickdraw On Key Down" - Another small but significant tweak. By default, the gun draws when you RELEASE the spacebar. The reason for this is basically, imagine reaching down to grab your gun. The "reach down" is like pressing the spacebar down, and then pulling your gun out of it's holster is another motion-- when the spacebar comes back up. So personally I like the feel of how the control works right now. But this option makes drawing your gun slightly faster.
    * "Player Invincible" - Games ought to be played however you like to play them. So, if you want to use this, for any reason, go to it! I can't guarantee it will not break the game in some situations-- it would be fairly gargantuan to re-test everything and also think about the situations where this might interfere with play sequences-- but it's there for you if you want or need it!

Gameplay Fixes

There are a few more items for sale, and a few things have been polished. For instance some weapons will work better in certain random-ish situations should you choose to use them.

It's less likely to get attacked as soon as you enter a screen, and the situation where sometimes you could be injured during a cutscene has hopefully been solved.

Few extra clues here and there for people playing through for the first time. That kind of thing! =)

Bugfixes

The most common issue in the game was actually proving very hard to track down-- cutscenes not triggering until you reload the game. Anyhow I finally did figure it out, and it turns out it could effect quite a few different cutscenes. So I suppose if you have already played the game, this won't interest you too much since you'll have already had the misfortune of experiencing this (sorry!) but hey-- at least you know I care enough to fix these things! (I really do!)

The issue with sometimes getting stuck in walls should, finally, completely, be fixed.

There were quite a few small issues, some of them temporary or some permanent. I won't list them all here, but if you do think your savegame is broken somehow, by all means please send it to me!

The Future...?

ASAP I'm going to get it up on Desura and GamersGate. So hopefully I will be able to give out as many Desura codes as people want them, so if you bought the game you can get it on there, too. Not sure if GamersGate has a similar thing but I'll check into it.

I would like to do another update with content. This might be a completely new (short) DLC, which might be free or very cheap ($3 ish.) Not sure though!

I have actually four other games currently in development, all of which are coming along nicely. I am making another full game using the Texas engine as a starting point. It would be awesome sometime in the future to let people make their own games using the Texas engine, like a creator kit of some kind, but there aren't immediate plans for that, yet. I do have one totally separate game in the works though that might help to scratch that particular itch. In a way I'd rather build such a thing from the ground up, for instance the current editors for Texas have a lot of small issues that can make them sort of a pain to use. But we'll see! =)

Takin' it EASY, riding my BIKE, makin' my GAMES.
http://www.kittylambda.com

Post subject: Re: Update 1.3 is Out!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:13 pm 

The installer I got from the page doesn't work; Windows says it's not a valid MSI or something like that.

Still waiting on that soundtrack :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 am 

Thanks a ton, Psy!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:48 am 

TypoDC wrote:
The installer I got from the page doesn't work; Windows says it's not a valid MSI or something like that.

Still waiting on that soundtrack :(

TypoDC can you please drop me a line at support@kittylambda.com. Let me know the file size in bytes of the installer you downloaded.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:15 am 

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but after re-downloading the installer it worked fine. Dunno what was up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 pm 

TypoDC wrote:
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but after re-downloading the installer it worked fine. Dunno what was up.

No worries! Just glad it's working now :) Enjoy