Post subject: Even more bugs!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:13 am 

Beat the game, loved it, etc. Found some bugs which I haven't seen mentioned on this forum yet. They are here:

-Upon first entering the Interstate by means of Charles's car, you cannot drive the car back to Strange until you've restarted the game- otherwise the game claims you don't know where to drive.
-When Mathilda and Carrie end up in the Interstate, if you run to the car ahead of them and Xartan and try to drive it away before the cutscene triggers, it will cause a HORRIBLE LOOP OF NOISE AND WHITENESS that you cannot escape except by restarting.
-After beating the game, loading the game dumps you back at the parking lot entrance, able to move, draw your gun, go between screens etc, only your perspective is forced to be looking at the sky with the THANKS FOR PLAYING thing overlaid on it (or whatever it says exactly).
-If you throw TNT in the wedding dream, it fails to explode, but then you can pick up the unexploded TNT. This isn't a problem except that it apparently lets you duplicate sticks of TNT. (I haven't tested it extensively so I'm not sure exactly how you have to do this to duplicate the TNT.)
-Similarly, I have no idea how, but I managed to pull some combination of carrying and dropping and inventory-ing the triple crossbow and ended up with two triple crossbows.
-The first time I killed pig-Mammon, I died shortly afterwards by some creme-puffs. Instead of respawning near where I died, I apparently went back to the last place I had saved-and-quit, before even getting the King's clothes.
-At some point- I am not sure how- trying to "pull" the Henry rifle from the stone caused the interaction window to close as if it had recognized my command, but then the pull animation failed to play entirely, and I was left standing there. The next time I entered the stone room, though, I instantly teleported from the entrance to the rifle and actually pulled it.
-I died next to ZOMGOD with the Geiger counter out, then respawned in the central lab room with the HUD missing and incapable of moving. Restarting sorted this out.
-After the ghost near the start of the game told me he was sleepy, I tried playing the lullaby to him, which did absolutely nothing. I entered the room later, and he suddenly responded to the lullaby and returned to his human form.
-I was standing in the cave-lab-frog-pool room, and managed to shoot one of those brown flying things (owls?) that was perched above the wall area between the pool room and the ion jet-filled passage to the north of it. Suddenly, all the enemies from the passage were inside the pool room.
-Maybe a bug, maybe not- I think Thorne's shade can be in two places at once- minding the children in the emergency shelter, and lurking in Emily's house.
-Not exactly a bug, but "its" is consistently misspelled as "it's" throughout the game.

Lastly, not a bug but an observation: I think you need to solve Farnley and Garrett's problems to get their kids' ghosts to follow you, but I solved their problems long, long before I ever encountered Emily, so I didn't have any specific motivation to solve their problems (beyond trying to be a decent person), and neither solution had any immediate result, which was disappointing and confusing.

Anyway: great game! I loved it and hope these get fixed soon.

Post subject: Re: Even more bugs!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:24 am 

Not sure if this is a bug or not. I used the pirate key to open a chest somewhere amongst the cacti in the top left, had pirate gold in it. Then I used the same pirate key to open the chest near the oak tree fairy teleport. The pirate key is no longer in my inventory, but there's still another chest near Charles' cave that looks similar to the others.

Was the key supposed to vanish after I opened those two chests? It's not in lost and found.

On that note, how does lost and found even work? I thought things just stay where they are when you drop them. What flags something as 'lost'?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:50 am 

Corridor wrote:
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I used the pirate key to open a chest somewhere amongst the cacti in the top left, had pirate gold in it. Then I used the same pirate key to open the chest near the oak tree fairy teleport. The pirate key is no longer in my inventory, but there's still another chest near Charles' cave that looks similar to the others.

Was the key supposed to vanish after I opened those two chests? It's not in lost and found.

On that note, how does lost and found even work? I thought things just stay where they are when you drop them. What flags something as 'lost'?

Hey Corridor! Thanks again, I've added all the mentioned bugs to the list. Some are likely fixed (e.g. your freeze near ZOMGOD) but others are totally new, and it's good to know. The interstate is kind of a complicated situation due to multiple factors, in particular, so bug reports here are super helpful. Most of these WONT be fixed with the next update, since I'm putting it up in just a few hours.

Re: the pirate key situation, most likely you had two. Each pirate key only works once.

Thank you and congrats, I think you are likely cowboy (or cowgirl =) #2 to beat the game.

Takin' it EASY, riding my BIKE, makin' my GAMES.
http://www.kittylambda.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:11 am 

Me and the OP are two different people. Yus. Sorry, too lazy to upload avatar.

Thanks for pirate key info. No idea when I got second key, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:13 am 

Corridor wrote:
Me and the OP are two different people. Yus. Sorry, too lazy to upload avatar.

Thanks for pirate key info. No idea when I got second key, though.

Sorry, just noticed this when I came to click on this thread! =) I have not slept very much this weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:21 am 

I just came back to the game after beating it to finish finding secrets etc, and I was trying to get to that big shiny blue box. I thought maybe the SUV had something to do with it and I noticed that it said the fuel tank was empty. (All the preceding information is irrelevant.)

Anyway, I went back to the real world to get some gas. I picked up the empty gas can from the lost and found in the castle, then took it to fill it. The moment I dragged the can over to the tank to fill it, the game crashed. No error message or anything- the window just immediately winked out and the process was gone. This happens every time I try to fill the lost and found gas can. It DOES NOT happen, however, when I use one of the stock of gas cans that are sitting around the fuel tank itself, which get filled normally.

EDIT: A couple other things:
-Post-Mammon, Annice still says she'll buy gold from you, and tells you to bring her gold, but then won't actually exchange money for your gold.
-The Clubhouse altar is empty and has nothing on it or in it or anything, and apparently it's supposed to?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:15 pm 

googoogjoob wrote:
-The Clubhouse altar is empty and has nothing on it or in it or anything, and apparently it's supposed to?

Did you kill everyone in that room?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:14 am 

Doglord 420 wrote:
googoogjoob wrote:

Yes, several times.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:09 am 

googoogjoob wrote:
Doglord 420 wrote:
googoogjoob wrote:

Yes, several times.

googoogjoob, can you please send along your savegame file so I can check that this isn't a bug? Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:31 am 

Here you go.

I should probably note that the bug happened in 1.0, and I haven't tried the same thing in 1.1 to know if it's fixed.

EDIT: Just tried it again (after updating) and it worked fine. So, yeah.

Attachments:
savegame1.zip [222.16 KiB]
Downloaded 383 times

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:11 pm 

Hi googoogjob, I'm not 100% sure if this was a bug in 1.0, and there *might* still be something in 1.1 but I don't think there is! Just be careful because it's easy to miss an enemy in that room.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:42 pm 

PsySal wrote:
Hi googoogjob, I'm not 100% sure if this was a bug in 1.0, and there *might* still be something in 1.1 but I don't think there is! Just be careful because it's easy to miss an enemy in that room.

Yeah that's probably what happened, sorry.

However: I do appreciate your absurd supportiveness and willingness to help players. It's pretty great, really!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:18 pm 

googoogjoob wrote:
PsySal wrote:

However: I do appreciate your absurd supportiveness and willingness to help players. It's pretty great, really!

I always have to walk the fine line of not giving hints. I basically have not given any hints for the game, just confirmed bugs or not. Actually this post might be the only exception, ha ha =)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 pm 

PsySal wrote:
googoogjoob wrote:
PsySal wrote:

I always have to walk the fine line of not giving hints. I basically have not given any hints for the game, just confirmed bugs or not. Actually this post might be the only exception, ha ha =)

I meant more the enthusiastic personal handling of bugs and issues; it's a lot better than most games ever get or most devs ever bother to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:56 pm 

Adding a bug to this list so I don't have to start a new topic:

After the boss fight with Mammon, when the dude (Sawyer?) intitated conversation, I immediatlly got hit by a meteorite, which ended the convo. He then proceeded to sit/lie down and slide away, which I'm guessing is intended behavior but without the context of the conversation seemed pretty weird.