Post subject: Modding
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:31 am 

Hey there.

I was wondering if you were thinking of implementing possibilities to mod the game and perhaps create new adventures? :) Is the game modular enough for such a thing?

Post subject: Re: Modding
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 am 

I think that's an interesting question. Maybe translations into other languages are also possible?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:05 pm 

I definitely like the idea of allowing mods but it's too early to commit to that!

The game tools are all integrated into the game itself, and it's structured in a way that mods are definitely doable, but it's still a ton of work to make it all comprehensible/usable enough to release. But I've been thinking about it a lot and how it could work.

Localization on the other hand would be really, really hard. I didn't structure things very well at all for that, a mistake I won't repeat in the future. There's also a heck of a lot of text but that isn't even the biggest obstacle, its more how the game is structured internally.

EDIT: I should add that a big part of the motivation to make the game moddable is I'm totally curious to see what kind of things people would make with it. I'm sure it would be some really unexpected and cool stuff, which would be rewarding in and of itself!

Takin' it EASY, riding my BIKE, makin' my GAMES.
http://www.kittylambda.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:20 am 

Oh, good to hear that you are thinking about mod tools. I love Driftmoon for it's mod support. It's all tightly integrated into the game.