I just finished the game the other day and took some notes.. I think some has been addressed in other posts but I haven't had a chance to read it all. This post contains spoilers. edit: I played right through using v1.2
- keep a text file for a quest log as well as locked doors/chests
- leave keys by the door that you unlocked them with. Otherwise they take up all your inventory *and* you don't know what they're for.
- get atm card as soon as you can
- Quest Log. I noticed you had a quest log in an earlier version via your devlog but it was taken out? I actually preferred keeping my own log but only started after I got to the garbadge mines and realised the game wasn't going to hold my hand.
- Map markers. Something like Ultima Underworld where you could view all maps and mark with your own notes would be cool but I realise that it would be difficult considering how the levels are laid out and you can only view one map at a time.
- a key ring
It seems every first rpg in a series doesn't have a keyring and then the next does. I had keys taking up a third of my inventory because I didn't know what they were for or if I would need them later. I wised up with some later keys and left them by the door I had unlocked.
- tab completion for typable actions/dialog.
- edit: Also, why not log failed dialog/item actions and get players to send them in so you could beef up the number of unique responses?
- could enter diamond cave through sign (still needed key inside)
- the club house gates insides, I solved by opening the gates by using a switch on the other side of the gate. I thought this was a legitimate solution but..
- I could also get lightning mail in chest through the gate without opening the gate.
- ATM, typing balance gives me $0 balance. Also can't type in amount of money (or even the $ sign for the given options)
- I completely missed first card from ghost in castle cause new guy was standing on it. I didn't find it until much later.
- Waking castle ghost with easy waltz... I had to save/quit and return for it to work!
- Luda's note doesn't work after you finish the game - nor luda conversation.
- breakout boss is buggy.. the paddle doesn't seem to determine angle of ball? one time the angle got stuck at this wide angle that took ages to get to top and back. I think where the ball hits the paddle is meant to determine the angle it leaves it? Or is that pong?
- a couple of spelling mistakes and double words in later game dialog. (sorry I didn't note where)
- phone, bottle of water, hex necklace, etc.. do nothing?
- what was the overstock key that you find in the diamond mine for?
- what was the big drop with the grate on top in the garbadge mines meant to be? Is there a place we've been to underneath or were we supposed to open it?
- Also, was there more to do after you give luda's note to the guy? He says 'she was wrong' and then that's it?
- Are there enough pirate keys? Or are you supposed to only open some of the chests?
- Are there multiple endings?
All in all this is a great game and I had fun working through it. I had less trouble figuring out what to do next when I kept my own log of things.