PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 pm 

First off, thank you for making this awesome game! I'm glad to have bought it day 1. It's been real fun seeing the changes being made.

That said, here's some modest suggestions:

Make items so you can drag and drop them into the shoebox. Nothing was more time-consuming and annoying than trying to juggle two idols in the Garbadge Mine

Have it to where in the Lost and Found you can press a button to teleport in all loose items around the world (barring shop items of course). I lost several things that I have no clue where I put them, specifically my ATM card.

Have the radiation counter be pictorial rather then the I...... ...I... ......I. It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out they stood for 1, 2, and 3.

Make the Hammon fight more obvious you need the special weapon. Like maybe have him say "Hah, you can't kill me with any of those weapons" or something.

A key-ring would be nice, the inventory gets cluttered after a bit.

The biggest gripe I have is: please add an option to turn off mouse movement. I died numerous times because I got knocked out of the firing stance, and when I tried to fire again I ran lovingly into an enemy's waiting arms.

I hope this helps in some ways. I really did enjoy this game, and plan on trying to find secrets now that I've beat it. Here's hoping Yesso releases the music! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:15 am 

Heya! Thank you for the feedback, and I'm glad you liked the game!

Just the periodic reminder, to everybody, if I didn't respond to a feedback option-- that doesn't mean I disagree with or even that I won't be making changes based on it. So definitely keep posting feedback, the main reason I don't respond is just that I like to think about it, mostly =) Also it's nicer I think if I don't like, rebut every point that I disagree with and/or post about each one that I agree with! I appreciate it all, really I do and even

The option to turn of mouse movement is excellent, nobody has suggested this and I like it as a general accessibility option, too. Might make it easier for people who control the game with alternate devices.

I actually did change the way Hammon works in 1.2, he now says you can't kill him if you are missing the weapon, and you can leave the screen. Did you encounter this in 1.1 or 1.2, or can you remember? I"m just curious, I may rework that text.

Thanks for all suggestions!

Takin' it EASY, riding my BIKE, makin' my GAMES.
http://www.kittylambda.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:30 am 

I just finished the game as well and the only real complaint I had was the inability to disable mouse movement. More than once I got stuck while trying to click something to open/pickup/use/shoot it because my click would result in unwanted movement instead. The only way to get unstuck again was to use the mouse to move, as WASD seemed temporarily disabled after that.

Being able to drag and drop into and out of the shoeboxes would be a very nice feature, too, especially if there's any way you could have both the shoebox and the inventory opened simultaneously. And no worries, Zombiebeard, it also took me awhile to realize that the radiation counters were meters and not some form of "Hangman", haha.

Thanks for a great game!

P.S. - Zombiebeard's comment about losing the ATM card reminded me that I would have liked the ability to see exactly how much my ATM balance was. Typing "balance" on the ATM machine works, but instead of showing you how much money is in the ATM, it shows you how much money you're currently carrying (which is useless because you can just look at the normal UI to see that :P).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:44 am 

Thanks andy! Just a quick follow-up, next version will likely have option to disable mouse movement, and the issue with "balance" function at ATMs is a bug. It was noted by somebody else and will be fixed-- sorry!

Glad you enjoyed the game! =)

Takin' it EASY, riding my BIKE, makin' my GAMES.
http://www.kittylambda.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:01 pm 

Sorry about the delay in replying. The Hammon event was in 1.1 thinking back, not in in 1.2

Hooray! Thank you for listening to my mouse woes, hahaha.