Post subject: Desura
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:58 pm 

Pretty much copied and pasted from my post in the Steam thread, but what the hell. I might as well give it its own topic:

Desura would be nice (especially if customers who bought it here get keys ;D ).

Since the game is already on IndieDB, it actually has a hidden Desura page already (because they use the same database). The client on Desura is optional, which is nice. You can use it to launch the games, use it just for updates or not at all (there are downloads of installers on the pages for games you own).

Post subject: Re: Desura
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:25 am 

SirPrimalform wrote:
(there are downloads of installers on the pages for games you own).

For almost every games in fact.

I can tell you that Hacker: Untold doesn't have a direct download link for example (and that's a shame!).

But you're right: Desura would be nicer than Steam...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:42 am 

Hey guys you'll probably read the other thread, but in case you are wondering the game will almost definitely be coming to Desura. I just want to make sure to have a virutally bug-free game before pushing to other platforms. Desura is just awesome in my books!

Takin' it EASY, riding my BIKE, makin' my GAMES.
http://www.kittylambda.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:18 pm 

Yeah it is pretty cool. Especially because they featue new and pre-game games.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:17 pm 

cycyx wrote:
SirPrimalform wrote:
(there are downloads of installers on the pages for games you own).

For almost every games in fact.

I can tell you that Hacker: Untold doesn't have a direct download link for example (and that's a shame!).

But you're right: Desura would be nicer than Steam...

Apparently that's usually because the game was added before they started hosting installers. If you ask the developer nicely they might put one up. All new games are required to have standalone installers, but games added before then aren't actually required to put them up because it wasn't in the contract. I've only come across one guy who wouldn't, but he turned out to be a complete d**k anyway. Won't name names though. >.>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:19 pm 

PsySal wrote:
Hey guys you'll probably read the other thread, but in case you are wondering the game will almost definitely be coming to Desura. I just want to make sure to have a virutally bug-free game before pushing to other platforms. Desura is just awesome in my books!

Yeah, waiting until bug reports have slowed right down makes sense. But yay, I love Desura!
Will I be able to get a key?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:51 pm 

SirPrimalform wrote:
PsySal wrote:

Yeah, waiting until bug reports have slowed right down makes sense. But yay, I love Desura!
Will I be able to get a key?

Not 100% sure since I haven't looked into it yet but it's my plan to give everybody that asks a key to the platform of their choice as long as I can do it.

I've seen other devs do this and want to do it myself, but I just don't know what's involved, yet, so I'm not sure what I can promise. =)

Takin' it EASY, riding my BIKE, makin' my GAMES.
http://www.kittylambda.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:13 am 

PsySal wrote:

Not 100% sure since I haven't looked into it yet but it's my plan to give everybody that asks a key to the platform of their choice as long as I can do it.

I've seen other devs do this and want to do it myself, but I just don't know what's involved, yet, so I'm not sure what I can promise. =)

Thanks! Just knowing your feelings on the matter is good, and my experience with Desura so far is that developers can give out their games pretty much at will.