Is VtV ready?
Yes, release it after fixing those last few things.  33%  [ 1 ]
Almost. It's missing (fill in blank in your comment)  33%  [ 1 ]
No. This game has potential but it doesn't feel complete to me.  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: This week...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:05 pm 

This is what I am working on this week:

1. Fixing the final boss AI. I have a new behaviour pattern, trying to make the final encounter more interesting.

2. Adding a few more gameplay oriented suggestions. some of them in particular strike me as very useful so I'd like to see if I can get them in. One might be an alternate mouse control scheme, another would be a way to update your price tracker and just more general usefulness from scientists, which right now do nothing.

3. Possibly fixing some of the pod-based weapons. As far as I know these basically work, but some of them are actually not useful at all (for the player; they work *against* the player OK, just you can't really use them on enemies; one example is the energy drain field. enemies don't have energy tanks, so this is not useful.) They could be. I may disable the useless ones, or make them useful.

4. Kitty Lambda web site!!! KL needs a website bad. I have other projects I'd like to put up, and it should be a lot easier to promote VtV when it doesn't feel like it exists in a vacuum!

5. A final release...? I think it might be time for the final commercial release. What do you guys think? Is the game finished? I really don't know! But I can't work on it forever, either... As I say, I have other projects which won't get attacked until this is out the door. I won't leave any giant holes in the game, and yes, if bugs are found after the release I will sure as heck fill them. But generally: anybody care to weigh in on this? =)

Well, that's this week!

(laughs at his 0 reads and no comments later today...)

Post subject: Balance changes!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:59 pm 

I'm making a few balance changes. Beam weapons will require much more energy. As well, they will only be mountable on pod-type bays. I might allow low-level ones to mount on gun bays.

Basically, the pod-type bays were a little useless, and beam weapons were a little overpowered. So I'm going to reorganize a bit.

Final boss AI is getting tweaked, already a bit improved. Don't want a disappointing endgame. So, that's what's going on!