Post subject: Beta 0.7.1.8 Thread!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:52 pm 

Hooray, so this has been released. I haven't heard back from anyone that it works yet (I am actually presently unable to test the game on windows... at all! I hope to resolve that, although I'm not 100% sure how. I do have this new computer sitting here that wants to be turned into a windows box, but I think it wants to be turned into a linux box even more... Hooom, decisions, decisions....)

Anyhow, this fixes:

1. beam weapons
2. endgame
3. hopefully/maybe the intel G-series bug
4. other bugs

It adds:

1. tooltips
2. other stuff, I can't really remember! hah!

So anyhow, I really want to release this game! I have other projects going on now, mainly "Project LUI" which is shaping up really really nicely (there is a little bit of information on it at www.kittylambda.com, but it's not really much)

Thanks to all the beta testers! You guys gave me some awesome feedback. Even if I didn't implement it all, doesn't mean I didn't *want* to implement it all ;-) The other thing is, as a game developer, you have to say "It's done" at some point so you can get to work on the next, great thing. There is a crapload of code in VtV that I can use on other projects, and even more experience gained during making it. One way or another Kitty Lambda is going to keep making games.

One thing that would be fun to make is a sort of more strategy-based space game. It could reuse a lot of the VtV engine to have automatically generated galaxies on a similar scale as in VtV. I don't know! But this idea for a project sits in my mind somewhere as not being too hard to make based on all the suitable code I have sitting around. I'll just have to think about it!

Anyhow, this post is just rambling on, I just wanted to make an announcement in here as well in case anybody wants to post any feedback... Thanks for playing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:58 pm 

Well, just an update. This week has been really busy, and I have gotten actually a lot added to VtV. Mainly, some bugs have been fixed and I'm adding a bit more in the way of environmental effects. It seems like a strange thing to add but basically I had code for them already sitting around so it's fairly easy to do, seems worth it.

The look of the game has actually been improved a lot! I found a major bug with planet generation, which was making all the planets (roughly) look pink. This is fixed. Planets have way more variety now, and just look more... like planets!