More info, on what's being worked on right now.
- I have reworked the cache system a bit. This is... important! Why? Because right now, world packs are sort of large on the hard disk. This degrades performance overall, particularly since it means the OS can't cache as much information. In the next release, cache files will be internally compressed, which means they will be much smaller. I want to get this release out (it will be a required upgrade, i.e., the server won't recognize your client unless you update) before I release many more world packs, since it requires re-downloading the world pack. This code is finished, but requires some more testing and some associated maintainence/code changes.
- Registration code bug. There is a bug with registration codes and capitalization of usernames that I found this evening that will be fixed.
- I'd like to add support for a "King of the Hill" freeform style of game. These will be linked to world-packs, i.e., you won't be able to start a King of the Hill game on just any world pack. The reason why is that there is a lot of generation that goes on to support the story, and for a storyless game it would make more sense to loosen that up a bit. This won't neccesarily be in, but I think it can be done without too much work, so I'd like to give it a shot. Really, it shouldn't be too hard.
- Linux version. Really, this has been too long coming. I'm going to put together the linux installer. The game runs very well on linux, so.
- Not for the next version, but now very high on the priority list, I want to get the intel 950G chipsets working. I thought at one point I had the game working with them, but this simply isn't the case. So, I'm going to do some more hardcore development/testing, possibly get myself a box. Throughout the beta, a LOT of people with this chipset sent excellent bug reports, but I'm just going to need some honest to goodness hardware to fix it. It's worth it!
Cheers! Thanks for supporting the game, please tell your friends, right now I've had to pause the promotional campaign a little bit since it wasn't organized enough. I will be running more ads and trying to get more exposure. It seems like people are enjoying it for what it is, which is a pretty interesting, unique and fun game.