PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:38 pm 

I dont know if this is meant to happen or not, but when i fire the neutron beam weapon at the floor, i get a warning hail from a ship, On the other side of the planet warning me not to shoot at them.

bug?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:44 am 
Site Admin

Hah, wow sounds sort of like a bug. Although the beam weapons don't really intersect with the terrain right now (it's not really planned) it shouldn't reach that far anyhow. Thanks for the bug report, I'll look into it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:13 pm 

yeah i had that problem too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:20 pm 

Hooi, I still haven't fixed this one but I'm going to add it to my todo list right now.

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:14 pm 

the thing u must do after coming warning hail you must exit game unless if u stay too long on planet, ship that sent warning hail will find you and attack you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:14 pm 

I'm still seeing this behavior in 1.1.1... I'll go buy back the original weapon until I can get a better one that isn't a neutron beam (which is wicked cool, just can't be losing XP like that all the time when I get thrashed!)

Edit:

This is happening with the plasma beam weapon. Not fun.

Is there anywhere I can sell back used weapons, or are they just so much space junk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Nuts! Seriously, I have put tons of time into beam weapons, but they ARE on the list of stuff to fix for the next version. If you could give me more specific info the next time it happens, e.g., what planet you are on, the exact name of the weapon, and then what you antagonized it would be helpful. I'm going to fix this for 1.2, but right now I'm on holidays and away from work so I can't get to it. This is pretty high priority though, it's probably not too hard to fix but at the same time, yeah it's annoying!

As for how to sell them back, unfortunately I don't think that used weapons are salable right now. I have in mind to add a shipyard though, it would be somewhere to buy like decrepit ships at discount, and you could also sell your old ships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:21 pm 

The weapon is a Lv20 Plasma Beam, and the problem happens anywhere I use it -- even if I fire it out into space. It's been a problem on every planet I've tried that has non-hostile ships in airspace, and have to go back to the kinetic cannon. The hit counter starts counting up (even without anything in sight) and then the warning hails start.

I can try to get you more information if you like, but for now housework beckons. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:25 pm 

Okay, I'm looking into this. I'm also hot on the heels of some other bugs, and might release a 1.1.2 conceivably as early as next week. Just to confirm:

1. Does this happen with other beam weapons, or just the plasma beam ones?

2. Is this in the Eden world pack?

I've always seen this as a problem with plasma beam, but I'm not sure if that is coincidence. I was testing an EM beam and it seemed to work quite well, though I found another bug.

Thanks for your help, also I will get back to you in email with a response to how the world gen works, I think I will make it a wiki page!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:29 pm 

1. I haven't, unfortunately, made it far enough to be able to afford other beam weapons; I bought a kinetic cannon to replace the nasty plasma beam effect, but the one I chose was too power-hungry for my current ship, and I can only get 3 shots in before I have to sit around waiting for my core to recharge. Caveat emptor. :lol:

2. I do in fact believe it was Eden. It was my first offline game and I think I went with Eden since it was a good starting point.

I'll try to keep playing as I get the chance and pay better attention to details for good bug reports. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:42 am 

i observed one more thing- ship that is hit is the nearest ship from your own. It's like a self-locking-on weapon. Or maybe all ships and monsters on the planet are hit, cos if i fire a beam, i'm attacked by a group of ships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:47 am 

And it happens with ALL beam weapons