Post subject: Freezing
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:44 am 

Hi, I'm having a problem whenever I try to create an offline game (seeing as it doesn't want to connect for some reason) I type in the title, click on the world I want, and click create....and it just...freezes...can still move the mouse around though. I also noticed that my free hardrive space is going down while it's frozen. Is it just taking a long time to load? I've waited a full 2 hours with it being frozen and nothing...except...you know...my free space disappearing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:33 am 

Hate to ressurect an old topic, but I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using Vista, so I guess that might be the problem... What operating system were you using, Talith?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:52 am 
Site Admin

I think there is a problem with Vista incompatibility right now. When I get back home I'm going to try and get it working. I've tried enabling all sorts of compatibility modes and installing to different locations and can't get it working.

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is but it's probably related to filesystem protections on Vista and how the game deals with saved games and/or world caches, so it shouldn't be too hard (crossed fingers) to fix.

Sorry guys!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 pm 

Quick update:

- I now have a windows box and it's mostly set-up! It's living in my closet quite nicely, it's a Dell GX270 (super quiet machine) and cost $35 including 1GB of ram. I strapped it to my back and brought it home on my bicycle.
- I am pretty sure I know what's causing Vista incompatibility, and how to fix it. It has to do with User Access Control and where I'm storying savegame/cache files. Fortunately, there is an article targetting game developers from Microsoft that describes exactly these issues. Hah, amazing!
- It will take me some time to get things set up for development again. Working on it right now.
- Later today, or next week I should be able to start coding, and get it fixed.
- Hooray!