Post subject: Another Connection Issue
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:07 pm 

When I first tried running the game it would attempt to connect for a second, then throw me a screen saying "Beta Test Can only be played online, you could not connect... yadda yadda yadda..."
Press [o] to go to the website or [x] to exit.

So I looked around the setup utility and ah! port 4000 isnt open my router. So I changed the setup utility's port to one of my open router ports.

Now when I load it up, the game tries to connect for a second and throws me a different screen "You were unable to connect... yadda yadda yadda..."
Press (Swirl) to Reconnect or [>] to continue.

I try to reconnect some, it doesnt let me. I click [>], and it gives me the [o] or [x] screen.

Any ideas? Do I have to set the game port to 4000 and open it up on my router? :?
----------------------------------------------
Im using version 0.7.1.3
I try to connect to vexnet.ath.cx port 8428
With my login name DeShunOmeka password... youll have to find out yourself :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:24 pm 

Haha!

Nevermind, fixed it myself!

I have no idea HOW, but I did! WOOHOO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:29 am 

The port 4000 thing is basically the port that the vexnet.ath.cx server runs on. If you change this, you won't be able to connect since the server will ignore the connection attempts. There is a chance that you might have to set something up with your firewall but under normal circumstances you probably don't need to do anything. =)

You only need to be able to make an outgoing connection on port 4000, you don't need to be able to listen for incoming connections on any ports. Normally port forwarding that you enable on your firewall or router is for incoming connections. Since vexnet.ath.cx hosts all games, public and private, for you, you don't need any incoming connections.