PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:48 pm 

i had crash into the top of buildings and often gotten stuck in it
i could get off ti but i had to fire my engines to a direction for like 2 minutes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:53 pm 

Heya, thanks for the bug report. Unfortunately I'm aware of this and it's extremely hard to fix because it relates closely to the limitations of the autogeneration, as well as the physics engine. Basically, the autogeneration sometimes generates shapes which are either physically "nonsense" (e.g., the insides are outside) or else just too complex, and the physics engine cannot cope. Fixing it would require major complexity additions to the autogeneration engine.

I've encountered this myself, and while it's annoying I generally get out much the same way you do. It seems to be worse in certain world packs than in others, however, so I might use this in the future as a criteria for selecting which world packs to release. I.e., if a certain world pack has too many trappy buildings, I won't release it.

Thanks for your bug report, and also for your suggestions in the other thread! I'm hoping to release the game very soon and so I probably won't be able to get to those suggestions, but they are still useful and encouraging to me.

Cheers,
Calvin