PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:31 pm 

Hey all,

I'm a bit disappointed that VtV doesn't appear to be very active anymore... I JUST read the review on Bytten yesterday and it's still on their 'latest reviews' list. It's very cool conceptually, very cutting edge, and the graphics are more than passable IMO. Hell, I still play roguelikes for that reason!

I'm psyched about playing this game (although I'm apparently having issues with the 945GM -- 224MB shared memory -- that I emailed my trace.txt to Calvin about) and waiting semi-patiently for a response.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. I've got a few friends that might very well be interested in it, but I really can't endorse it until I've played it. :lol:

Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, thanks for your bug report and enthusiasm, too. VtV is still active, it's just I've been pretty slogged the past few weeks with other work. This week is the first time I've had to look at some stuff. I'm going to work on the next update today (unfortunately that won't fix your issues). Right now I'm trying to figure out promotion. It's hard! I contact websites regarding advertising, and get not even a response back from them. What can I do =) I'll keep at it, that's what!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:06 pm 

Keep at it! :lol:

In the meantime, I think I just volunteered myself for dev work on FreeUniverse -- same genre, top-down shooter, open source, also random and procedural, but single player only. I have a few good ideas I think I can interject...

What other Indie game sites have you contacted besides Bytten? Maybe I can dig out one or two you've missed...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Not enough! I had a review on gametunnel, which was pretty favorable. And Tim W's blog ran a banner for me, but he didn't actually post the game. Still, the banner was nice. I've emailed Derek Yu on tigsource but didn't get a response. Anyhow, a list of indie game sites would be a huge help, when I releave v1.1 (hopefully next week, I have the compression stuff working, which is probably the hardest part of it) then I'm going to try and do another promotional push. It's hard!