PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:24 am 

The text is totally blocky and unreadable. I have maxed out the screen resolution but it didn't really help.

It would be great if you supported 1280 x 1024 as many LCDs use this resolution.

Even though I can't read the text I see a blue and red button. The red button dumps me out and the blue button does nothing so basically I am unable to play the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:40 pm 

I get the same issue, but can create a character on a server (despite main text and such being unreadable and blurry), but then no server(s) will let me in? Very strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:20 am 

Hey, could you guys either post a screenshot of the blurry text, or email it to psysal@venturethevoid.com.

And I will see if I can support that resolution =) Shouldn't really be a problem. I know that mismatch resolution on laptop (or just LCD in general) can be annoying...

Calvin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:34 am 

Okay, sorry about the bug with joining games not working. I've fixed it (I hope) now, it was fairly simple. Now I'll get to work on the blocky text bug...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:39 am 

any idea how long its gonna take for this to be fixed or can someone post some screens of the startup so i can use those as a guideline to start the game still fixing would be nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:56 am 

Unfortunately, the blocky text bug it turns out is actually a fairly major nvidia driver bug with respect to GeForce 6600 and 6800: :cry: If your card isn't one of these, please let me know.

Anyhow, basically I read about it on a guild wars forum:

http://www.ngohq.com/showthread.php?t=3608

Newer drivers might fix it (I'm not sure if NV has addressed this yet) but older ones might too. If you decide to downgrade (and I couldn't blame you if you didn't want to) then these ones might do it:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_78.01.html

I wish I could offer a better solution for you! But for now it looks like NV will have to fix this. Please let me know if you try newer drivers and get it to work, however. Also, you don't have a GeForce 6600 or 6800 then definitely let me know, since it might be something else.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:47 pm 

this is what i got here not sure which is my video tho

VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP [Display adapter]
ADI 14.9 [Monitor] (14.9"vis, September 1995) (2x)

i assume its the display adapter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:34 am 

Aha, sorry this is a different issue. I may actually be able to fix it, I'm not sure why but the game does not run on unichrome. It should, this is probably not a driver issue. Thank you for posting your info, I'll look into it! It is a pretty high priority to get it working on unichrome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:49 am 

if you know a place i can update the drivers that might make it work and if not at least its updated :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:13 pm 

One thing that would be helpful to me is if you could email me the file "trace.txt" which should be in the same folder that you installed Venture the Void to. This contains some additional info about your graphics card and drivers that I might be able to use. I really want to get this working on unichrome since it seems like a fairly popular and as far as I can see there isn't any good reason for it not working. Anyhow, if you could please email trace.txt to psysal@venturethevoid.com it would be a big help.

The other thing you can do is try updated drivers. It looks like you might be able to get them from here:

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2

My main problem is lack of unichrome hardware to test on. However if you are able to get the game working through updated drivers then please let me know!

Thanks,
Calvin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:34 pm 

Looking at that site, it seems a bit difficult to find the right drivers unless you know exactlly your chipset. Check under control panel somewhere. Meanwhile I have made a few changes which *might* help in the next release, but unfortunately I am not too optimistic. =( Still I will keep plugging away, if any of you who are having trouble and have unichrome graphics want to send me trace.txt it would be helpful. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:05 pm 

ill send it my sn will be scoin86 so you know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:45 am 

Got it, thank yoU!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:39 pm 

so you find out anything useful from it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:29 am 

I didn't see anything too useful, but I haven't analyzed it in detail yet. Bottom line, it seems like the game just ought to run for you! I will check a few other things.