Post subject: Light-Speed World 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:25 am 

I created a world 6 game named Light-Speed VI.

1. When entering the ministry of commerce, and chosing the option "Materials" the description that rolls is longer than the screen, making it impossible to hit the continue button. You have to ctrl-alt-delete out from there.

2. When entering a space bar, and rapidly making the choice to sit down at the bar, the game failed to roll any description, and failed to throw further conversation options, including the option to leave. Again, you must ctrl-alt-delete out from there.

3. When asking to see the citizen's registry in Llo city, the game rolls the pre-list saying "Here is a list of the citizens of Llo city: ". No list rolls, and no conversation option buttons are thrown. Again, you must ctrl-alt-delete out from there.

4. After some purchases of Refined Kerosene in several different cities, and sales to several others, the industries you trade with start to list their items on a negative scale, for both selling and buying. When an industry lists, in either buy or sell:
"Refined Kerosene 2317.64 [-12]"
You cannot purchase or sell any kerosene from them, as the quantity is under 0.

5. The same problem as in 1-3 occured when being attacked by a citizen of a city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:39 pm 

1 is fixed, looking at the other ones! Keep those bug reports coming, thanks =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:24 pm 

2 and 3 are fixed, they were the same problem (to do with a particular NPC.) This will continue to be broken until I can upload a new world file for Testing VI; that should be in an hour or so.

Anyhow, you can actually just go and delete your world.testing6/ subfolder (you won't lose any save game info, that is all stored in the savegame/ folder) and it will redownload, hopefully fixed! But wait until I post here that I've got the fixed version uploaded. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:31 pm 

Thanks again Calv :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:39 pm 

Okay, this has been uploaded. If you delete your world.testing6/ folder it will redownload.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:12 am 

Arg, now when I try training They simply say nothing...
No message rolls :?

Also, there have been a few cases when on a planet where the cities simply refused to load. Loading... Loading... Loading... Forever... Loading...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:27 am 

Ya-ha, sorry my post was confusing. The redownload of the world file will only fix the going-into-space-bar-and-sitting-down bug, as well as the list-citizens-of-llo-city bug =) Unfortunately the training bug will require a patch.

Today I tweaked the difficulty of the monsters, actually rather than set it statically I have modified the world generator program (this is a gigantic program which spits out the galaxy based on some parameters) to allow multiple difficulty levels. The current one will be "easy", I'm experimenting a bit but I'll release a new version soon-ish with a "hard" world file...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:21 am 

hehe, cool 8-) Thanks much -again- Calvin!

Oh, I was firing the space time beam... trying it out you know... it's a missile weapon... and I got a warning. Some guy was yelling at me telling me I was breaking the law, shooting him. Well I didnt see anyone... so I just kept firing.

The space time beam must be one REALLY LONG RANGE weapon, cause I didnt see him when he started taking damage and eventually died!

Oh, then the game crashed. Which sucked. But I was laughing so hard I didn't notice for a minute or two.