Post subject: Black screen.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:30 pm 

When im killing Deposits on the planet Megrez I i get a black screen alot. im still able to shoot and stuff cause i can hear the sounds. also if i hit Esc i can see the Cursor when i go into menu mode. the only way im able to fix it is to close the game then to restart it. it happen like 5 times so far in the past 20 minutes or so. i tried restarting my PC still happens.

also sometimes i get it when i make a new character but not always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:03 pm 

When this happens, after you exit the game, can you please email me trace.txt (my email is psysal@venturethevoid.com). This should help me to diagnose the problem!

Thank you for your bug report!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:18 pm 

okay its sent. also is another thing cause by this bug(i think) when i restart VTV soon as the games loads i get the opps you lost contact with the network or something. then when i restart up i end up in the sun and that kind of is annoying losing EXP and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:11 pm 

How much free disk space do you have? You shouldn't end up in the sun, at any rate... =( Still looking into things for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:50 pm 

This is just a note to anybody who might be having a similar problem. We were able to figure out that it was due to older graphics drivers. So if you are encountering random screen blanks where you can still sort of tell things are working (i.e., you move the mouse and hear it cursoring over the buttons) then you might try newer drivers!

Thanks to Wiz for this bug report.