Post subject: Storage.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:39 pm 

i deposited a ion cannon into my storage locker now when i try to withdraw it the game will crash and bring me back to my desktop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:36 pm 

Hah! This morning I encountered that exact bug, it is now fixed.

Funny storry! When I was fixing it I was thinking, "I bet I get a bug report on this today" And I did =) Thank you for the bug report, keep them coming. Actually, the fact that I am now finding the same bugs that other people are finding hopefully means there are fewer bugs.

For now, using storage for weapons will crash the game. But using it for non-weapons (minerals, food, etc.) should work. This is a bug with how the worlds were generated, so the new beta (next week) will not fix it for you until you join a game in a recent world file (newer than world VI)

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:49 pm 

aww man i hate my Ion beam! btw is there anyway to keep my ship and stuff and go to the world VI or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:50 pm 

I wished there was, then I wouldnt have lost all my progress...
:?
Then again, the new DeShun I have is better :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:03 pm 

The ships and stuff are all different in each world so, no. You can only take your real life practical abilities between each world. =)

Also, about the ion beam bug. I think I realize the problem, basically there are "damage beams" and "effect beams". The damage beams seem to work normally, however the effect beams are slightly broken and also difficult to understand. I am going to either tweak them (the effect beams) or take them out. Basically the effect is a secondary effect you get for targetting something until the beam power hits max. The effect type beams produce an effect in the radius of what you are shooting, however there is not really any way to tell if you are hitting anything.

PS: The new beefed up AI on difficulty == hard is pretty fun, way more action-packed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:06 pm 

Calvin wrote:

PS: The new beefed up AI on difficulty == hard is pretty fun, way more action-packed.

How you change difficulty?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:15 pm 

Check out "Wishlist" under suggestions. I sort of spammed him with ideas :?
Some of them have to do with the hardness of the creatures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:24 pm 

yea i saw that so he is making a difficulty setting then huh? cool! cant wait to try out hard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:33 pm 

The difficulty setting will be inbuilt with each world. Remember that there really isn't any limit to how many worlds I can produce (I have a huge, huge program which sits here and builds them, it takes a long time to run but it's totally automated... =). So anyhow, what I can do now is tell it what difficulty of a world to produce. The ones you've been playing so far will all be "easy", since when I was designing the game I actually wanted to err on the side of too easy rather than too hard (this is a good game design principle, new game designers very often make their games too hard). So anyhow, I will release lots of world files in varying difficulties. I am also toying with the idea of making a "story-less" world, though that is more of a major addition. That would be like a gameplay mode where you don't have any storyline, everybody is just trying to become king of the heap.